ACLS training whenever, wherever, and however often it’s needed.
No two cardiac emergencies are ever the same, which is why first responders need consistent, repeatable, experience-based training. But limited budgets, staff turnover, scheduling conflicts and more make it almost impossible to deliver frequent training to EMS professionals. Health Scholars’ VR simulation makes it easy.
Places the learner in the role of the team lead and recreates the stress of an in-home code situation with real-life distractions.
Provides extensive practice and skills validation without having to coordinate an entire team.
Can be done at the convenience of the learner, from anywhere, with any Windows-based VR headset
Developed in partnership with EMS agencies, the simulation includes all of the AHA core rhythms including ROSC.
Staff no longer has to come in on days off and administrators don’t have to pay overtime or orchestrate expensive training days.
Tracks and assesses core competencies and provides learner readiness reports to identify skills gaps across your organization.
If we had a system that was more independent, where you didn’t need an instructor or formal classroom setting, training would be much more productive and cost-effective for us.
How ACLS Virtual Reality Works
EMS professionals can use our CE-accredited VR training as a pre-learning application before physical simulation or as supplemental training to validate and refresh competencies requisite to identifying and managing the ACLS core rhythms in stable and unstable patient conditions.
Designed in accordance with AHA guidelines learners play the role of the team lead running an in-home mega code and are provided thirteen total scenarios that reflect cardiac and non-cardiac arrest scenarios. Learners identify rhythms and direct virtual team members to shock, give meds, and/or perform CPR as necessary.
- Simulates an in-home scenario with virtual team members and common real-life distractions.
- Trains and validates competencies for all core AHA algorithms.
- Drills proper team management communication skills.
- Drills situational awareness.
- Drills proper hospital notification.
And with Health Scholars’ VR-ready management platform you can manage, deliver and analyze performance of VR training from a single solution.
- Assign VR training and set completion dates.
- Track completion status and individual learner performance.
- Utilize visual reports to identify readiness and learning gaps across an entire organization, specific station, or an individual learner.